Appreciative Inquiry is a powerful organizational development tool for workplaces, classrooms, communities, and families. Appreciative Inquiry, known as AI, focuses on that which is already working well (appreciative) by engaging people in asking questions and telling stories (inquiry). This strengths based, positive approach to change represents a 180 degree shift way from deficit based, problem oriented, gap analysis approach in many of our organizations. This shift to a positive focus stimulates creativity and vibrancy within each person and the whole group accelerating deep, sustainable change with ease.
This course is for leaders seeking positive and sustainable change using a strengths-based approach to personal and professional leadership. This workshop is highly experiential and it’s fun!
After this two-day Appreciative Leader workshop, you will be able to:
- engage in four steps of an Appreciative Inquiry
- design an effective definition of an Appreciative inquiry
- discover elements of Appreciative Leadership by sharing stories
- dream of collaborative, strengths-based preferred futures
- explore innovative activities to support preferred futures
- inquire into your leadership strengths
- reflect on, and celebrate, your personal growth as an appreciative leader