Appreciative Inquiry (AI) is a powerful organizational development tool for workplaces, classrooms, communities, and families. AI focuses on that which is already working well (appreciative) by engaging people in asking questions and telling stories (inquiry). This strengths-based, positive approach to change represents a 180 degree shift away from a deficit based, problem oriented, gap analysis approach in many of our organizations. This shift to a positive focus stimulates creativity and vibrancy within each person and the whole group accelerating deep, sustainable change with ease.
Using a proven framework, AI allows an organic, grassroots process of
- Defining what it is your group wants more of
- Discovering your stories and connections
- Dreaming together of an ‘impossible’ dream and
- Designing your collective dream together
- Delivering your dream with support and celebration